Over 90% of the food distributed by food banks in the Trussell Trust network is donated by the public – that’s why your food donations are absolutely vital to our ability to give everyone referred to us a balanced and nutritious three day supply of food. Without your goodwill, we would really struggle to operate.
Ways to donate food
- Directly to our warehouse at St John’s Hall, St John’s Street, (off East Street), Chichester, PO19 1UR. (Opening times – Mon: 08:30-16:00, Wed: 09:00-12:00, Thu: 08:30 – 15:30). Contact details: 0776 5915357.
- In one of our collection baskets across the district. We currently have collection baskets at:
- Chichester Cathedral (at the back of Cathedral)
- County Hall, West Street, Chichester, PO19 1RQ (in reception)
- Co-op locals (Bognor Road, Bosham, (South side), Denvilles, East Wittering, Lavant, Parklands, Petworth, Selsey, Southbourne, Spitalfield Lane, Stockbridge Road, Tangmere and Westbourne)
- Iceland Food Warehouse, Barnfield Drive, Chichester, PO19 6UX
- Lidl, Unit 1 Westhampnett Rd, Chichester PO19 6EX
- One-Stop, (Eddie’s Convenience Store) 1 Millfield Cl, Chichester PO19 6UR
- One-Stop, 63 St Paul’s Rd, Chichester PO19 3DD
- Sainsbury’s, Westhampnett Road, Chichester, PO19 7YR
- Sainsbury’s, Bepton Road, Midhurst, GU29 9NA
- Santander, 15 North St, Chichester PO19 1LB
- Tesco Extra, Rd E, Chichester, PO19 3JT (In-store purchases only)
- Tesco Express, 10 North St, Midhurst GU29 9DJ
- Tesco Express, 83 Stein Rd, Southbourne, PO10 8LS
- Tesco Express, 35 South St, Chichester PO19 1EL
- Tesco Express, Kingfisher Parade, East Wittering, Chichester PO20 8BJ
- Waitrose, Via Ravenna, Chichester, PO19 1RD (by store exit)
3. By hosting a collection at your school, church or business for your local food bank.
4. If you have a large collection and would like us to collect from you, please call the warehouse on 01243 773687, extension 2003. Or contact Marie, our Warehouse Supervisor, at [email protected] or on 07765 915 357.
What to donate
- Check our shopping list of urgently needed items. We update this list weekly so check back regularly.
- Please only donate items that are in-date and unopened. Also, due to the new “Natasha’s Law”, we are unable to take any items without an ingredients list.
- Take a look at what’s in a food parcel to see what items to donate, and don’t forget that food banks also accept essential non-food items such as toiletries and hygiene products, helping people in crisis to maintain dignity and feel human again.
Would you prefer to donate money?
If you would prefer to donate money only to be used for food, you can donate using our partner charity, Bankuet. This means we can buy what we need, when we need it. You can give a one-off or regular amounts to suit you. Use this link: Donate via Bankuet
Please contact us if you have any questions about donating food.