Nobody wants to be in the situation where they need emergency food. That's why we work with local authorities, charities and other key partners to provide you with more support.
If you come to us for emergency food, you will also be given the opportunity to talk to our trained volunteers who can refer you to organisations who can help you in your specific situation.
Advice and support on money matters
- Arun and Chichester Citizens AdviceOffers free and independent advice on benefits, debt, legal issues, energy, employment and more.
- CAP (Christians Against Poverty)
Offers help with debt and money management skills. Find your local advisor on their website.
- Selsey Money Support
Offers debt and money management advice to people living in Selsey.
- Supporting You
Find out about a wide range of support from Chichester District Council to help with the cost-of-living.
Use the benefits calculator or grants search to find out what support you are entitled to.
Caring for others
- Carers Support West Sussex
Provides information, guidance and support for your caring role.
- Carers Support Selsey
Supporting carers in Selsey.
- Safe in Sussex: Monday to Friday 9am to 2.30pm 01903 896202.
Online Chat: Monday to Friday 12.30 to 2.30pm via website www.safeinsussex.org
- My Sister’s House: Emergency phoneline: Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm 01243 697800
- National Domestic Abuse Line – 0808 2000 247
- Victim Support West Sussex – 0808 168 9274 or 24/7 helpline 0808 168 9111
- Mind – West Sussex
Mental health support for people living in Petworth and Midhurst areas.
- Richmond Fellowship
Mental health support for people living in the Chichester area.
- Selsey Wellbeing Services
Mental health support for people living in Selsey.
Support for anyone struggling to cope. Call 116 123 for FREE.
- Chichester District Council, Housing Advice Team
Advice and information for people who have housing problems or who are homeless.
Advice and support for residents of Hyde housing.
- Clarion Housing
Help and guidance for residents of Clarion Housing.
Offers support to homeless and vulnerably housed people in West Sussex.
Support for families
- Chichester Family Hub
Support and advice for parents, carers and young people.
- Free school meals, West Sussex County Council
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you’re living on a low income.
- Healthy Start
Get helping buying food and milk.
- Home Start
Support for parents of young children.